Competition Entry Terms and Conditions
- 1. The competition is open:
- to all UK residents aged 18 or above,
- for submissions from 14th April 2014 and the closing date for submissions is 12 noon on 12th May 2014 after which no other submissions received will be considered.
- 2. To enter the competition, entrants must create and submit a short-film lasting no more than 3 minutes in length. Any submissions over this length of time will not be considered.
- 3. Short films entered must also meet all of the following criteria:
- must be an original work which has not previously been shown publicly (either a public screening or available online to view publicly),
- may be shot or created using various production techniques including moving image, animation, stop motion and other commonly used film production techniques,
- must contain no material which would infringe third party copyright,
- must not contain unlawful, obscene or objectionable material including libellous, sexually explicit, disparaging or other inappropriate content such as unacceptable levels of violence or material that incites hatred,
- must include English subtitles for non-English language dialogue.
- 4. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any relevant clearances required for copyright, or permissions and releases required from participants involved in the film-‐making process. The entrant may be required to produce evidence of clearances, permissions, or releases to the Organiser.
- 5. Each entrant may only submit one entry.
- 6. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any entries on the basis of content not meeting the criteria set out in (3) or for any other reason.
- 7. All entries must be submitted via the Terracotta Festival website: www.terracottafestival.com/sfc2014. Entries cannot be accepted by email or by post.
- 8. By submitting an entry to the competition, entrants have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- the Organiser may show the entrant’s film at its discretion. This includes the use of the entrant’s name and film for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without any additional compensation,
- the film entered into the competition will not be made available for public viewing by the entrant until after the World Premiere screening at the Opening Night of Terracotta Festival 2014,
- the entrant will provide the Organiser with the requisite materials to screen the film as a World Premiere at the Opening Night of Terracotta Festival 2014,
- the entrant will make best efforts to be available to accept the prize at the World Premiere in London and to be available for any publicity activities (such as, but not limited to, interviews, photo opportunities) both on the night of and subsequent to the World Premiere.
- 9. The winning entrant will be notified of the decision by the Organiser by 14th May 2014.
- 10. The winning entry will be included in the extra features of a Terracotta Distribution DVD release.
KLM Flight Terms and Conditions
- Two return Economy tickets from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur via Amsterdam Schiphol with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
- Flights must be requested a minimum of six weeks prior to departure to ensure reservations.
- One of the passengers must be over the age of 18 and both passengers must fly together.
- Tickets must be issued (booked and confirmed) before the 31st of December 2014.
- Tickets are subject to availability and embargoes.
- Once flights have been booked, they cannot be amended. No change of destination or date will be permitted.
- Flights are excluded from the Flying Blue programme. Winners who are members of this programme, including those who accompany them, may not accrue Miles for the prize flights.
- Travel insurance is not included.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have the correct visa and any required entry documentation to travel. Both should have a valid passport to travel (valid for at least six months beyond the return date for the trip).
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative. Transfers are not included. No refunds are given.
VisitKL Terms and Conditions
- Prize package consists of the following:
- Return airport transfer from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to hotel for two persons,
- Four days/three nights accommodation at a five star hotel with breakfast for two persons,
- One full day private tour of Kuala Lumpur (city & cultural tour) for two persons,
- One ‘Unforgettable KL’ dinner at KL Tower for two persons (food only, excluding soft drinks, alcohol & cigarettes),
- KL Heritage Guided Walk Tour for two persons,
- Two tickets to 86th floor of Petronas Twin Towers (KL from Top),
- Horse drawn carriage tour for two persons,
- ‘Welcome to KL gift’ and information pack for two persons.
- KL stay (hotel dates) must be booked and confirmed before the 31st of December 2014.
- Travel insurance is not included.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have the correct visa and any required entry documentation to enter Malaysia. Both persons should have valid passports to travel.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change without notice and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative. No refunds are given.
- Once the dates of the KL stay have been booked, they cannot be amended. No change of date will be permitted.
- VisitKL will provide accommodation in a five star hotel in Kuala Lumpur selected by VisitKL. The winner may not request a particular hotel. VisitKL will provide details of the hotel on confirmation of the chosen travel dates.
General Terms and Conditions
The Competition is not open to employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Organiser and prize sponsors or their respective families or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. The entrant agrees that Terracotta Media Limited, KLM Limited and VisitKL shall not be liable for any claims, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses and losses arising out of (i) the competition’s use of the film; (ii) the entrant’s participation in the competition; (iii) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to problems or delays arising from software or equipment malfunctions or computer viruses; (iv) any events outside reasonable control of Terracotta Media Limited, KLM Limited and VisitKL.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.